The City of Winooski invites community members to participate in our first Global Youth Service Day on April 12, 2014! This is a time for youth and adults to come together and volunteer at various service projects throughout the city. There are service projects for all ages and abilities, and we hope you’ll join us!
Service projects: 10AM - 1PM
Celebration Barbecue: 1PM | O’Brien Community Center
To sign-up, click here.
Here are the available service projects:
1. Trail maintenance at Casavant Natural Area
- Ages 13+ w/o parent/guardian; 10+ w/ parent or guardian
2. Invasive species removal at Salmon Hole
- Ages 8+
3. Little Free Libraries construction and decoration at O’Brien Community Center
- Ages 12+ w/o parent/guardian; 6+ w/ parent or guardian
4. Preparing and serving the barbecue at the O’Brien Community Center (12:00-3pm)
- Ages 17+
5. Don’t see something you’re interested in but want to get involved? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions, please contact:
Alaina Wermers | Community Engagement Coordinator/AmeriCorps VISTA
802-655-1392 ext. 10 | email@example.com
City of Winooski’s Community Services Department’s mission is to promote lifelong wellness; enrich the lives of community members; and to offer high-quality, affordable programs, activities, and events that meet community needs and respond to community interests.